The pandemic could cause the downfall of all other businesses and sectors but not the tech industry. With physical contacts being less, people largely have taken to the digital culture that has fuelled the growth of tech industries and e-commerce. This stands to reason why the companies are soaring high by minting revenues.
E-commerce and software companies thrive on customer satisfaction and loyalty. With that being said, the e-commerce platforms have witnessed a surge in the customer base during the pandemic. Hence, it can confidently be asserted that software companies and e-commerce sites are basking on a thick profit margin.
However, the competition for the e-commerce and software companies is cut-throat as the goal is not only to survive in the market space but also to outshine each other and loom large. The year 2021 has witnessed some major players winning the game by earning massive revenues each minute.
The Companies in list are as follows:
Out of the shining seven, the balls seem to be the baskets of Amazon and Apple. Reportedly, the companies have an average of $373,606 per minute. These digits outnumber the preceding ones as reports show. However, this number is lesser than the total of what all the seven companies in the list have generated.
- Amazon: Amazon made $950,000 every minute in the final quarter of the year 2020. The amount shot up to $108.5 billion in the first quarter of 2021. Currently, Amazon is playing at the top of $100 billion in the second quarter.
- Apple: Apple faced a breakdown when it made $691,394 per minute. With the growth in iPhone sales by 65% in 2021, the revenue per minute turned into $89.6 billion. Apple also is a holder of the highest market value.
- Microsoft: Microsoft has reported about an amount of $41.7 billion in the quarterly revenue of the current week. Microsoft, the software company, that is also working on its recent developments on software that promises to reduce CO2 emission, is predicted to topple the current revenue amount. Anticipations are also that, it can be the holder of the highest market value following Apple.
- Alphabet: currently, Alphabet has a market value of $1.6 billion, generates $426,805 billion every minute. This information is based on the recent quarterly results.
- Tesla: Tesla is currently making $10.4 billion every minute. This number is lesser than the previous years as the purchase of cars goes down because of house arrests.
- Netflix: Netflix, the streaming giant, saw a decline in its revenues this year in 2021, earning $7.2 billion per minute in the final quarter of 2020. The sum has plummeted to $55,270 each minute.
Closing on the tentative win of Apple
The statistics make the fact clear that Apple, by far, remains to be on top with the highest market value. Although, this triumph is tentative and is likely to be surpassed by the contemporary giants.
Amazon, by far, is listed as the most visited e-commerce sites and hence is prospering rapidly.