- TAGBOX-developed solution will provide shippers and carriers real-time temperature & shipment movement information
- Data gathered from temperature sensors can be used to create valuable cold chain insights
- Technology can send proactive and reactive alerts on temperature excursion risk to be able to take corrective action
- Temperature can be monitored on a secure web/mobile-based platform by all stakeholders in the cold chain
- Allows companies to protect their products, ensure quality and meet regulatory compliance
- Technology will boost pharmaceutical industry and other temperature sensitive cargo industry in Bengaluru
Bengaluru, August 06, 2021: An Internet of Things(IoT) based solution to monitor temperature-controlled cargo is enabling real-time supply chain visibility at the Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru(KIAB/ BLR Airport; www.bengaluruairport.com).
Currently available at Menzies Aviation Bobba Bangalore (MABB), one of the Cargo Terminals at BLR Airport, the technology will enable live monitoring of temperature-sensitive products such as pharmaceutical and perishables, including fruits, vegetables, meat, sea food, dairy products, cut flowers etc.
The solution will not only benefit the pharmaceutical & perishable food industry in Bengaluru, but also play a part in strengthening BLR Airport’s reputation as South India’ s preferred Cargo Gateway.
The TAGBOX-developed technology will provide shippers and agents real-time temperature data of the shipment from the time it leaves the ware house to the point it is loaded onto an aircraft at BLR Airport. The battery-poweredTag360 sensor,attached to each small SKU, box, or pallet tracks the product’s temperature, at every step of the journey. Shippers and agents can monitor the end-to-end health of their products through a central monitoring dashboard via a web or mobile interface.
The temperature data gathered from the sensors can be used to create valuable insights on efficient operations and resource management leading to improved customer service..
IoT-based sensors capture other critical product parameters and instantly send SMS and / or e-mail alerts. With this, the shipper will be able to take corrective actions, instantly.
Remote temperature monitoring also allows companies to enhance visibility of the product and meet regulatory compliance.
“At BIAL, we firmly believe in digitalising processes to create transparency and real-time visibility, while improving overall efficiency. End-to-end visibility has become a prerequisite for any supply chain. We are pleased to collaborate with our partners to enable this at BLR Airport,” said Mr. Satyaki Raghunath, Chief Strategy & Development Officer, BIAL.
“In order to maintain end-to-end transparency of the shipments processed through our Cold Zone, MABB, in association with BIAL, had conducted a POCs on few Pharma shipments by using the TagBox solution. It turned to be a perfect solution, providing us the satisfactory result. The implementation of this solution has added value to our cold chain supply process and more importantly for the pharma shipments at our Cold Zone,” said Mr. Anil Kumar, Chief Executive officer, Menzies Aviation Bobba (Bangalore) Pvt Ltd.
BLR Airport is one of the few airports globally to have such technology for efficient handling of cold-chain cargo.
How it works
- The palletsat shipper locations are fitted with Tag360 sensors that measure temperature
- The sensor starts recording temperature throughout the journey from warehouse to the airport terminal
- When the shipment arrives at the terminal, the TagHub-FX, Gateway installed at the entry dock syncs the recorded temperature data from incoming sensors
- The temperature data is synced live from inside the terminal via TagHub-FX Gateways installed in various areas or bycargo handlers using TagLink mobile app
- Shippers are able to see real-time location and temperature data of their respective shipment from inside the cargo facility.
- Excursion alerts will be generated and monitored live by Terminal staff and the shipper. They can work together for appropriate interventions
- In the event of any excursions, terminal staff and shippers can work together for appropriate interventions
- Temperature and location visibility will be provided until take off
To further improve its cold-chain processing efficiency, BIAL had launched Envirotainer, a technology that enables pharmaceutical companies and their logistics partners to move temperature-sensitive cargo across the world, while maintaining the integrity and quality of products throughout journey.